Book Title: Materials Management with SAP ERP: Functionality and Technical Configuration (SAP MM) (4th Edition) (SAP PRESS)
Publisher: SAP Press
Author: Martin Murray
Get the most out of your Materials Management implementation with this updated, comprehensive guide to configuration and functionality. Whether you work with SAP MM or with peripheral SAP applications, you'll learn the ins and outs of materials management in SAP ERP, from goods receipt and invoice verification to early warning systems and special procurement types. Dive into master data and other configuration tasks to ensure your SAP MM system is optimized for your logistics needs!
* Configure MM to reflect your unique logistics requirements
* Maintain critical materials data: materials, customer, and vendor records
* Master functionalities like batch management, inventory management, purchasing, and quotation management
Materials Management Functionality
Learn to use MM for essential tasks like requesting quotations, purchase orders, and inventory management and for more advanced tasks like forecasting, using classification systems, and handling special procurement types.
Materials Management Configuration
Configure settings for critical processes, and explore master data for materials and vendors.
Business Scenarios and Examples
Expand your understanding of MM processes with expert advice, real-world examples, and sample business scenarios.
* Materials master data
* Vendor master data
* Purchasing information data
* Batch management
* External Services Management
* Material requirements planning (MRP)
* Inventory management
* Goods issue/goods receipt (GI/GR)
* Material Ledger
* Balance sheet valuation
* Invoice verification
* Document management